I hope you agree with me when I say,
Not every printer can print on cardstock paper. It is vital to have the perfect and compatible printer so the printout does justice to the actual image.
For these specific types of paper, you must find a printer that is able to handle the weight of this thicker paper and be able to print ink on it without it being smudged. Otherwise, your cardstock paper may jam and ruin your good day of work.
Therefore, to make your life and printing easier we have compiled a list of the best printers for cardstock.
It doesn’t matter if you are printing a postcard, a brochure, a wedding invitation, or a simple art project; the following list will help you find the best printers for cardstock paper and the best laser printers for cardstock. Take a look at our hours of research done to find you the best all-in-one printer for cardstock.
Best Printers for Cardstock
Here is the list of the top-rated printers for cardstock:
1. Canon TS9521C All-In-One Wireless Crafting Photo Printer
- This versatile and efficient printer is compatible with a number of devices like smartphones, PC, and Laptops.
- Its connectivity technology includes Bluetooth, Wireless, USB, and Ethernet.
- Its high-quality printing will guarantee you have the colors intact on your best cardstock for printing.
- Easy-to-use printer for cardstock. You can use it in your office as well as your home.
|✅Easy to use||❌ Limited features|
|✅Best for multiple projects|
|✅Printer output includes color|
|✅Best for art printing|
2. Canon PIXMA PRO-100
- Excellent fit for students of regular and digital art as the machine accepts photo, luster, matte, and Museum Etching fine art papers.
- Graphic designers would be delighted to try out this heavy cardstock printer as users of Adobe Photoshop CS, Elements, or Lightroom can print directly from their software interfaces.
|✅Has great resolution||❌ Only best for cardstock invitations|
|✅Prints in vibrant colors|
This Canon PIXMA PRO-100 is our choice as the best cardstock printer because it has a 4800 x 2400 DPI resolution capacity and FINE technology that provides crisp & sharp prints. You can make professional quality images up to 13″ x 19″ easily with this printer.
It has a 150-page capacity paper tray. Also, it has an 8-ink dye-based ChromaLife100+ system for vivid color. Thus, this makes it the best printer for cardstock and especially one of the best printers for cardstock invitations.
This cardstock paper printer has the convenience of use as it can connect with devices that are compatible with connecting USB as well as Ethernet. There is a built-in media card slot in this machine that enables you to print directly from media cards.
Undoubtedly, this makes it the best printer for photos and cardstock. Also, media students would be thrilled once they got their hands on Canon PIXMA PRO-100.
3. HP ENVY 6055e All-in-One Wireless Color Printer
- Comes with a special yet optional HP+ Smart Printing System which enables your printer to become more secure and productive. Although it requires an HP account, internet connection, and the use of original HP ink.
- HP+ Smart Printing System gives you 6 months of free instant ink and an additional year of HP warranty.
- The printer even has a way of reducing interruptions so you and your entire family can enjoy uninterrupted and fast printing. Sounds like an amazing choice for your home.
|✅Budget-friendly||❌ Only suitable for home use|
The printer’s brand is HP and it has amazing thermal printing technology. Some of its special features include Auto-Duplex, Network-Ready, Energy Star Certified, Decal-Printing, Cloud Print Enabled. It has great device compatibility as it can be connected to PCs, laptops and, smartphones.
It comes in the color white and has a sheet size of 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 11. A major advantage of this printer is its connectivity technology which includes Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and USB.
Thus, all these features make it an ideal choice and the best HP printer for cardstock. Some of its key features include printing, copying, and scanning in color, automatic 2-sided printing, printing borderless photos, and a lot more.
It is a budget-friendly option when considering cardstock printers and so it is an inexpensive cardstock printer and best for those on a strict budget. It can print a variety of media materials like envelopes, documents on plain paper, glossy film, labels, and even glossy photos.
This makes it the best option for families who have multiple uses. It is safe to say, that this printer can be classified as one of the best printers for cardstock paper and even ordinary plain paper. Also, setting up HP Envy is very easy and convenient.
4. HP Office Jet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- You can print so many types of things from this printer like envelopes, letters and it will allow you to print all kinds of fancy designs too.
- Also, it has instant ink ready so you will never run out of ink.
- The color resolution is a huge advantage as the colors come vivid and artsy right out of this printer making it one of the best printers for printing on cardstock.
- Connectivity is convenient and the printer is easy to use as well as accessible for everyone.
- Touchscreen is always a plus and brings out the ease of use. It also has an optional quiet mode which solves the problem of noise in your workspace.
|✅Great resolution||❌ A bit pricey|
|✅Amazing Technology||❌ Not recommended for bulk printing|
|✅Can restrict noise|
The printing technology of this printer is inkjet and the brand is HP. In case you are looking for the best printer for heavy cardstock then HP Office Jet 3830 is your perfect fit! It can handle cardstock right up to 300g/m2.
Also, some of its special key features include a touchscreen, ENERGY STAR Certified, HP Instant Ink Eligible, Auto Document Feeder, Cloud Print Enabled, Optional HP High-Yield Cartridges
The power of your printer in the palm of your hand if you enable the HP Smart app which will allow you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive. This will save your life from a lot of hassle. You can even have the ink delivered to your home.
5. HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw Wireless Laser Printer
- It has a very fast printing speed and an ink life of around 1250 pages which makes it the perfect fit for offices.
- It is also cost-effective since it has a low cost per page. This makes it one of the best laser printers for cardstock along with being the best HP printer for cardstock.
- Amazing color quality, two-sided printing, and intuitive 2.7″ color touchscreen.
- Works with letters, legal documents, postcards, double postcards, and even envelopes, making it the best all-in-one printer for cardstock.
- Has strong security that will protect your data from potential threats making it an ideal option for offices as their data can be vulnerable.
|✅Perfect for office use||❌ It requires an expensive toner which does not make it an inexpensive cardstock printer|
|✅Low cost per page||❌ Since its DPI is lower so it will have less printing detail on the cardstock paper|
This HP printer works with Laser printing technology and has plenty of special features like
You can even print remotely with the HP Smart app making your life and work a lot easier. It has a one-year limited hardware warranty. You can even add voice control to your HP laser printer by connecting it with Alexa. This makes it an interesting addition to your workspace.
6. HP Office Jet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer
Why do we love it?
- This is a fast printer that can print on about 90-110 pound material which makes it one of the best printers for cardstock.
- The installation process is extremely quick and easy and you get four months of Instant Ink all for free when you sign up for a monthly subscription.
- Besides being able to print 22 pages per minute, this printer can also scan and copy on both sides of the page.
- You get to organize all your documents by syncing to QuickBooks, Google Drive, and more using Smart Tasks this is an easy way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone or printer.
|✅ Fast printing||❌Costly|
|✅ Extra technological features attached|
This printer is by HP and it can take up sheet sizes of 3 x 5, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, and 8 x 10. It is an all-in-one wireless printer with smart home office productivity making it the best all-in-one printer for cardstock.
Some of its amazing and special features include auto-duplex, Ethernet networking, scan to email, dual-pass, 2-sided auto document feeder, optional HP high-yield cartridges, printing images from USB drive, Decal-Printing, Easy slide-off glass, and a lot more.
This device’s two-sided automatic document feeders allow the printing of brochures, folded cards, and other media with ease.
This amazing printer has the advantage of built-in security essentials that will help secure your sensitive data with tools like basic encryption, password protection, Wi-Fi security, and document protection. Also, unlike other heavy cardstock printers, this one comes in two different colors: White and Grey. It even works with Alexa! This makes it the best home printer for heavy cardstock.
7. Canon TS8320 All In One Wireless Color Printer
- It has a large and intuitive 4.3” LCD touchscreen that makes it easy to print, copy, scan, and operate the Pixma TS8320.
- It is a solid printer and has the ability to print multiple sizes and is perfect for all kinds of graphic printing. Artists and creative people will definitely love it!
- It can print on heavy cardstock paper, up to 300 GSM, it is an ideal choice as it is the best home printer for heavy cardstock.
- Square sheet size will allow you to print polaroid-like photographs in a glossy style cardstock paper which is a huge trend lately.
- Canon printer has photo blue ink that helps in increasing image detail by improving shadows but also reduces gradation.
|✅ The best choice for your home|
It comes in the brand Canon in color black with Inkjet printing technology. Its connectivity technology includes Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and USB. Its compatible devices include smartphones and tablets. It can hold multiple sheet sizes like 3.5” x 3.5” (Square), 4” x 6”, 5” x 5” (Square), 5” x 7”, 7” x 10”, 8” x 10”, Letter(8.5” x 11”) and Legal (8.5” x 14”).
Despite being this being an ideal choice and the best home printer for heavy cardstock, it can still be a perfect fit in your office space with its ease of use and great printing output. Do give it a try for the finest results.
8. Canon image PROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer
- It is extremely easy to use which will also save you a lot of time while printing on heavy cardstock paper.
- This Canon printer even has a really long life of about 500 sheets which is very high as compared to other inkjet printers.
- The printing quality is nothing less than supreme! It pays very good attention to color and printing details and will deliver you outstanding results.
- Replacement ink is cheap which will keep the running costs of this printer low.
|✅ Has a long life||❌Buying price is very high|
|✅ Has low running costs|
This Canon printer has inkjet printing technology and is compatible with smartphones, PC and laptops. It comes in the color black and can take up sheet sizes of about 3.5×3.5, 3.5×5, 4×6, 5×5, 5×7, 7×10, 8×10, 8.5×11, 8.5×14, 10×12, 11×17, 12×12, 13×19, 210×594mm, Custom (up to 14” x 39”).
It has the 9-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system which is designed to meet the demands of every photographer- from advanced amateurs to professionals. This particular feature makes this the best inkjet printer for cardstock for photographers of all kinds.
9. Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Wireless Printer
- Since it has an advanced 8-color dye-based ink system, it can deliver extraordinary results that will include vibrant and striking colors.
- Attached LCD screen will enable you to stay on track with your printing maintenance making the entire experience easy for you.
- The PIXMA PRO-200 is also fast and can deliver high-quality bordered A3+ prints in just 90 seconds. This high printing speed will save you a lot of time and frustration!
- It will even avoid any possible paper jams making it a heavy cardstock printer.
- Inks required for this particular printer model are pretty cheap making it an inexpensive cardstock printer.
- It comes in a compact design that will save you a lot of space at your home or workspace; this makes the inkjet printer easily moveable too.
|✅ Has a high printing speed||❌Uses dye-based inks which are not as good as the rest|
|✅ Running costs are low||❌Costlier than the previous model|
|✅ Saves space|
Its printing technology is inkjet and it can be connected to other devices through Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet. Its compatible devices include smartphones and it comes in a single color: Black. It is compatible with a wide range of media and sizes and can print borderless on cardstock paper of sizes up to 13”x19” or a custom size up to 13” x 39”. Its special feature includes the built-in 3-inch LCD display making it the cool and best inkjet printer for cardstock.
10. Epson WorkForce WF-7720 Wireless Wide-format Color Inkjet Printer
- This Epson inkjet printer is very economical to use as it uses around eighty percent less power as compared to other laser printers.
- It can print in high volumes making it an ideal choice for professionals.
- The printer has an intuitive 4. 3″ color touchscreen which makes navigation and controls a lot easier.
- It can work as a great scanner as well- can scan up to 11″ X 17″ making it a multipurpose cardstock printer. You can even pair it up with Alexa!
|✅ Fast printing speed||❌Can only be paired with Epson cartridges|
This printer is from another well-known brand besides HP and Canon i.e. Epson. Its printing technology is inkjet and it is compatible with devices like PC and laptops. Its special highlight is the auto-duplex feature.
The Epson Workforce WF-7720 has two paper trays and a rear feed slot that can carry up to 250 sheets per tray. It can print, copy as well as scan paper and cardstock paper. It can handle 192 gm/m2 paper which makes it one of the best printers for cardstock paper.
Certain points to keep in mind
This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only and you can only use genuine Epson inks for your heavy cardstock printing as well as regular printing. Otherwise, you might damage your printer and it won’t be covered by the given warranty. Despite this certain condition, it is still the best all-in-one printer for cardstock.
11. Epson Sure Color P700 13-Inch Printer
Why do we love it?
- Since it uses the all-new Ultra Chrome PRO10 ink, it prints in very vibrant and striking colors which will be a treat for sore eyes.
- As this inkjet printer has the new 10-channel Micro Piezo AMC printhead enables, it delivers results with speed and perfect accuracy.
- This printer is very easy to use as it has a 4.3″ customizable touchscreen with wireless connectivity; this makes the cardstock printing experience a lot more fun and convenient.
- Its compact design will make it easier to carry the printer and will also save you a lot of space.
- This printer has the new carbon black driver technology which allows you to get the best black density on glossy paper.
|✅ Has a great black density||❌A costly printer|
|✅ The color resolution is immaculate|
This printer has a very high cost per print as the ink life of this printer is very short- can only last as long as twenty sheets. Thus, it isn’t an inexpensive cardstock printer. Also, it is important to note that this printer is best to run if only Epson particular cartridges and inks are used.