I hope you agree with me when I say:
Pregnancy can be no doubt a challenging period, but what’s more difficult is finding office chairs suitable for pregnancy that provides both comfort and back support
For most women, the pregnancy period is marked with tons of discomfort that can typically range from simple joints and back pain to all the way to bodily unease. In these dire times, mood swings and anxiety are also quite common, leading the newborn to be susceptible.
Now, these conditions or side effects might not be as mutual as in housewives, but when we talk about office workers who can’t suffice their professional lifestyle, things become a lot clearer. To tackle concerns like these, one of the things you could do today is to invest in an office chair suitable for pregnancy. Although pregnancy chairs won’t be the ultimate solution against these physical and mental affairs, they sure are a great way to ease your shoulders and make you less fatigued.
Besides that, comfortable chairs for pregnancy can uplift your mood and make you satisfied all day long. With that said, let’s take a look at some of the best office chairs for pregnancy that you should definitely buy in 2023.
They can vary in terms of pricing, height adjustments, and lumbar support, but in the end, every single one of them is worth your hard-earned money. Also, check out our Buying guide and FAQ section at the end of the reviews to get a proper insight into office chairs for pregnant ladies!
Best Office Chairs Suitable For Pregnancy in 2023:
Here is the list for the best office chairs for pregnancy with back support;
|Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair||10/10 (Editor's Choice)|
|AmazonCommercial Executive Chair||9/10|
|Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair||8/10|
|SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair||7/10|
|WorkPro Quantum 9000 Series||7/10|
1) Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair
Why we love it:
- One of the best chairs for pregnant ladies on Amazon with Lumbar support
- Provided with a breathable mesh cover to support your lower back
- Built-in 360-degree roller wheels give you plenty of use case
- Among pregnancy chairs with fully-automated recline function
- Quite easy to assemble and position
|✅Top-tier office chair for pregnancy||❌ A comfortable chair for pregnancy that lacks pivot angle customization|
|✅Made from high-quality mesh material||❌ The cushion padding is a bit sturdy at beginning|
2) AmazonCommercial Executive Chair
Why we love it:
- Designed as an office chair for pregnant ladies by Amazon
- The leather bonded upholstery keeps the comfort level at an all-time high
- Easily maneuverable pregnancy chair for work thanks to built-in roller casters
- Adjustable lumbar support that is backed by curved contours
- Available with a pneumatic handlebar for height configurations
|✅It comes in an ergonomic design||❌ As an office chair for pregnancy, it's not entirely tiltable|
|✅Assembled with high-quality leather upholstery||❌ The leather PU material can start to degrade very soon|
|✅Holds more than 300lbs of body weight|
3) NOUHAUS Ergo3D
Why we love it:
- One of the modern-looking office chairs suitable for pregnancy
- Instantly conforms to your body shape with the addition of 135 degrees back tilt
- Accompanied with 3D Adjustable Armrest to best fit your workspace
- A highly comfortable chair for pregnancy thanks to lounge recline function
- Dual-caster wheels with a 5-Point Base makes it durable
|✅The finest office chair that you will ever own||❌ At more than $300, it is quite expensive|
|✅Quit supportive lumbar mechanism||❌ The headrest itself is stationary (only tilts up and down|
|✅Easy to fine-tune|
4) Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
Why we love it:
- It’s an ergonomic office chair for pregnant women who require proper back support
- Pre-occupied with a resilient lumbar mechanism and four supporting ends
- Available with flip-up armrests, a tiltable backrest as well as a sturdy-looking headrest
- The addition of a pregnancy back support pillow for the chair makes it quite comfy
- A breathable mesh cover and lightning-fast assembly
|✅Strong Nylon construction||❌ There is no pregnancy back support pillow for the chair|
|✅Highly adjustable pregnancy backrest for office chair||❌ It's not "Lumbar adjustable."|
|✅Customizable tilt tension|
Looking for more office accessories? Check out our guide on the most 10 Best Office Chairs Under $200.
5) SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair
Why we love it:
- Top of the line office chair support for pregnancy with breathable mesh covering
- Equipped with a highly durable pregnancy back support pillow for chair
- Lockable backrest tilt tension support for added comfort
- Height, lumbar, and adjustable armrest model
- Easy to move around and use
|✅Soft & supportive seat cushion||❌ The pregnancy backrest for the office chair needs some time to settle in|
|✅Sweat-proof with the help of mesh material||❌ Its headrest falls out of place with even a little bit of pressure|
|✅Accommodating seat size|
6) WorkPro Quantum 9000 Series
Why we love it:
- A Mid-Back Design that is effective for your body, especially in pregnancy
- Pneumatic seat adjustments give it reasonable ratings
- The Tilt-lock mechanism provides a stable back posture
- It’s made from 55% recycled materials to reduce waste
- A solid frame backed by high-quality Nylon
|✅Office chair cushion for pregnancy with maximum comfort||❌ The backrest is a bit stiff, even with a tilting mechanism|
|✅Perfect back support||❌ Its armrests pivot relatively easily|
|✅An affordable option|
7) Steelcase Leap
Why we love it:
- Provided by the best-selling office chair manufacturer on Amazon
- 4-way adjustable arm support for a better experience
- Its tilt-angle mechanism mimics the shape of your spine quite well
- A comfortably recline setup thanks to the Natural Glide System technology
- Weight tested before packaging
|✅Most well-built office chair in 2022||❌ It lacks back height adjustment|
|✅Soft & comfortable to the touch arm pads||❌ Its a hell of expensive (over $1000)|
|✅Holds it's reselling value quite well|
Office Chair Pregnancy Buying Guide
In order to pinpoint the right office chairs for pregnancy, you need to look at a couple of aspects that most of the products have in common. Things like design, material, adjustability, and armrest support all make an important part of an office chair that needs to be considered well before the purchase. Some of them are just extras, while others tend to affect the chair’s overall performance. These are under as;
1) Materials & Build Quality
Office workers tend to sit for long hours in front of desks these days, and pregnancy is no exception to that. This is why you need to make sure that the office chair you are choosing offers high-quality materials that can withstand wear and tear. They also need to be comfortable enough for your body so that the chances of back-related injuries are obsolete.
Look for models with textile backrests and leather seat cushions as they tend to be plusher than their counterparts. Similarly, for added breathability, take a look at chairs that are constructed through mesh materials.
2) Lumbar or Back Support
The second thing you need to look for in an office chair for pregnancy is back or lumbar support. According to many studies, most women tend to gain additional weight in their later stage of pregnancy (usually 20-30pounds), which puts extra stress on their spine. If not tackled correctly, this could lead to serious issues.
That’s why it’s advised to find chairs with superior lumbar support. A high pregnancy backrest for an office chair will ensure that your posture remains well-balanced as you tackle your daily routines.
3) Adjustable Armrests
Another luxury to have in office chairs for pregnancy is the configurable armrests. Women usually tend to change their sitting postures quite repetitively in pregnancy, so it’s ideal to look for accessories that allow them to do so. An adjustable armrest, such as in the case of NOUHAUS Ergo3D, provides the user with ample room to modify their sitting routines. After using such a feature, you will be less restrained and adjust yourself in a natural body position without any issues.
Almost all office chairs for work come configured with headrests these days, so it’s seriously a no-brainer for not having any. A comfy headrest followed by a proper backrest can go a long way. Besides adding aesthetical value, a neck rest does a great job in protecting your upper body from various physiological changes. Leaning forward when sitting on an office desk has become a norm, so if your chair has a built-in headrest, you won’t have to worry about the drastic effects.
Last but not least, try to look for pregnancy chairs with soft padding. Sitting on a flat surface feels uncomfortable and hazardous for your buttock. To ensure proper care, pick extra cushion support for your chair. It doesn’t need to be too snug. If you’re still confused, investing in pregnancy back support pillows for chairs is also a great choice.
10 Tips on Office chair Support for Pregnancy – Best Sitting Postures
It’s great to understand that other than having the best office chair for pregnancy; you need to adopt certain sitting postures, which would help you against lower back pain and ensure the safety of your soon-to-be-born baby. A bunch of handful tips under this regard are below as;
- Try not to sit in a cross-legged position (one knee over the other), especially in your third trimester, as it compresses the pelvis section and can lead to discomfort later down the road.
- Make sure that the tilt angle or the tension system of your chair remains in a neutral position since too much stretch for your back isn’t ideal.
- Always keep your feet underneath the chair and try not to slouch too much, especially during long hours of work.
- Ensure that the space around your pelvis area is open and choose only those chairs which come with a wide base.
- Adjust the seat height in such a way that the desktop screen is aligned with your forehead or even eyebrows.
- Try to invest in ergonomic office chairs for pregnancy that supports adjustable armrest. Make sure that they are in according to your comfort level. But if somehow it feels a bit odd, it’s best to remove them completely.
- Setting the right lumbar tilt is also important in pregnancy. You need to ensure that it’s not pressing against your lower back curve once configured.
- Aim for a pair of headrests if your chair doesn’t support any. They need to be able to take away sufficient tension of your neck.
- Sit in a slightly curved posture such that the backrest doesn’t push against your belly. If so, it’s unhealthy for both the mother and the baby.
Ok, so these were some of the best office chairs for pregnancy that you need to definitely check-in 2023. Every single one of them has a decent number of reviews and coverage online. A decent chunk of pregnant office ladies are currently using them and are satisfied with their quality, performance, and adjustment. Although Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair is our number one pick, but you can’t really disregard the alternate options. Just make sure to double-check things like price and warranty; other than that, you are good to go!
Q1, How to sit in an office chair during pregnancy?
Keep your back straight, and your shoulders relaxed as you sit on an office chair. Always maintain proper space between your pelvis and keep your knees tucked on the floor.
Q2, Are pregnancy office chair cushions worth it?
If your pregnancy chair lacks proper padding, buying a separate seat cushion is definitely worth the price.
Q3, What to look for in an ergonomic office chair for pregnancy?
Try to find customizable features like headrest, tension tilt as well as arm support next time you’re buying an ergonomic chair.
Q4, Is back support for office chair during pregnancy beneficial?
Yes, absolutely! Good lumbar support maintains your posture and balances out added weight on the chair, making it stable and less vulnerable.
Q5, Can I use a leather bonded pregnancy computer chair?
You could definitely utilize leather PU materials on your chair; just make sure that it is breathable.